Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Jazz Age Lawn Party 2013 - Governor's Island, NYC

Two weeks ago on Sunday we attended the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governor's Island, which is my favorite NYC summer event.  The style of 1920's is hard not to like and who would not want to dress in all that glamour of feathers and fascinators?

I've been on a lookout for THE dress since the last party and I eventually found it on the internet, hoping it would fit (and it did!). I did not want to wear my last year's fascinator and so I ordered one on amazon, just to have it confiscated by Miss Lola, who wore it with pride and all her glamour. I made one of feathers (not seen on photos very well) the last minute for myself. I also created a quick choker from a bead trim I bought at M&J Trimmings and we were ready for the charleston!

My secret dream is to dance charleston professionally (as it also goes for tango - or pretty much any other dance there ever existed ... ). This year we brought Jersey nana and papa with us also. We had them well prepared for all that was in store: wait at the ferry, long line to get into the grounds, sun without shade,  johny-on-the-spot .. as well as great people watching, live music, dancing and fun!

Papa enjoyed the event so much, that he even disappeared at one stage and to our astonishment was later found attending a peabody dance lesson with a young lady.  (Photo below).

We are planning to go again in August, as LoLo is asking about the event already! Anyone else?  



LO(lo)V(i)E, LV

No comments:

Post a Comment